Are you using Google Analytics API to extract the data to excel or other sources? Do you keep forgetting what was the ga: API name?
In our Glossary, you will be able to search by Google API name and in the search results you will find:
- The definition of the term
- The Google API name
- Dimension or Metric
- The type: String, integer, etc
- Group where it belongs: User, Sessions, Time,…
Here are some examples of our most popular definitions:
To access our Glossary, you need to register for our FREE Membership.
And you will also be able to:
- Search by a Google Analytics Term, for example, search for Abandoned Funnels.
- Search by terms starting with a specific letter/s., for example search for “Sess”
- Search for all terms included in one Category: search for all “Internal Search” dimensions and metrics
- Possibility to comment on each term to ask for more clarification
1. Search by Google Analytics Web Term
With our Glossary you can search for a definition of what that specific term means. You only need the write the term name and click on Search.
2. Search by terms starting with a specific letter
Are you unsure of how the term is spelled or you want to see all the terms that start with a specific letter?
You can search terms in our Glossary by clicking on a letter of the alphabet that you will find below the search box. The search will start automatically without pushing the Search button.
3. Search for all terms included in one category
Let’s imagine that you are creating a new report on Internal Search or you are looking at the exiting reports and want to know what kind of terms (dimensions and metrics) you have available for this category.
In our Google Analytics glossary you can search by category: Internal Search, to find all the terms that are available for you to use.
Simply click on the category dropdown box and all the relevant terms will be shown on the display results.
The results will be delivered in alphabetical order, so they are easy to find.