Have you seen a report on Google Analytics that you would like to get sent to your email?
You can schedule reports to be sent to your email once, weekly, monthly or quarterly, but note that not all reports are available.
This is an example of what you will get from Google:
Let’s create a schedule email on traffic sources, that is, who is sending traffic to your site.
Configure shedule emails
Login Google Analytics and click on “Reporting”:
Click on “Acquisition” and “overview”:
On the top menu, click on “Email”:
Fill in the information as follows:
- Add the email of the person you want to send the email to
- Select the type of attachment you want to receive: PDF, excel, csv, etc
- Select how often you want that person to receive the email: Daily, weekly… This is very useful if you want to get emails only when you are running a campaign or following a special event on your site
- Select the day of the week, or month
- Add a message so the receiver knows why he/she is getting the email
- Click “Send”
A few things to note with this functionality:
- Emails are sent for a period of 12 months, after that, you need to renew the subscription
- Not all reports have this functionality, look for the email button on the top menu
- You can schedule several reports on one email. Let’s take a look at how.
Schedule several reports on one email
If you want, you can schedule several reports on one email.
Here is how you do it:
Go to the new report you want to schedule, for example, Audience overview: (Audience> Overview) and click on Email:
You dont need to fill in any details instead click on:”Add to an existing email”:
Note: For this functionality to work, you need to have a Frequency other than “Once” and an existing email schedule. For example, I already have a daily email schedule so I can add this to the existing one.
- Click on the schedule you want to add the report
- Click on “Save”
And you are done.
Renew you email schedule
After 12 months, Google will stop sending you emails. If you still want to receive the emails, you need to renew your subscription.
Go to “Admin”:
Select the view where you have schedule the emails and click on “Schedule Emails”:
If you have an email that has expired, you will see it there:
Click on “Actions” and “Extend”:
And click on “Accept”. Google will choose the year extension period for you:
Get other emails from Google Analytics
You can also get emails from Google based on events that are important for your site. Configure Alerts and get on top of your events without login in the application.