Google Analytics can automatically generate a list of related products for your Ecommerce enabled property based on your transaction data.
Related Products data can be used to increase sales, conversion rates and average order value by creating:
- Product Recomendation Lists
- Email Campaings, and more.
Enabling the Related Products feature is not difficult, but some requirements must be be met in order for the data to be available in your property.
The following requirements that must be met:
- Ecommerce tracking implemented in your property
- Related Products feature enabled
- A minimum amount of transaction data and number of products is required in order to infer meaningful relationships between products.
- 30 days of data are used to generate the related product lists.
Do you want to try if you meet the requirements? Enable the Reated Product Feature and then test it on the Query Explorer. (The link is available at the end of the post too).
Enable Related Products Feature
Login Google Analytics and click on “Admin”:
Click on “View Settings” and ECommerce Settings:
Click on “Edit”:
And then Activate the Related Products Feature:
Data Available through the API
The related products data is available only through the API.
- All queries must include Queried Product ID, Related Product ID and at least one Related Product Metric ( Correlation Score, Queried Product Quantity or Related Product Quantity)
- Do not include other Ecommerce Product Dimensions.
Generate your first related list
To generate your first related list click here, select the appropriate account, property and view and run the query.